View Single Post
Old 4th February 2012
bsdstudent

Thanks Men , you *ALL* deserve all world's goodness,kindness,generosity ..

Maybe the following sentence is a refreshing Mnemosynic token not only to Mr Rocket357 , but also to Sir Ocicat :
Code:
And just for the record, following CURRENT is easier than STABLE (IMHO) because of binary snapshots.
no ned to put the link ..
;-) .. this simple sentence motivated a complete newbie to try current .. and I still remember how I came to BSDHeim .. please allow me to share this ..
in brief :
I was using windows .. one day , I read an article about Sams II project and NetBSD as its embedded system .. so I googled the OS , downloaded an iso and installed it on my dell laptop .. it succeeded but failed for some reason I was unable to fetch packages (the *no route to host* famous message) .. then I was lucky enough to go back to wikipedia bottom page and noticed NetBSD's twinbrother .. OpenBSD .. did the same .. IT SUCCEEDED PAINLESSLY !!
when I ignited X , that was a point of epiphany for me !
there is a looooot to learn though (unicode issue+wi0 issue+pf+apache ....+c programming .. )
where is there a will there is a way .. nothing escapes change except change and with time a newbie is gonna slough off his newbie skin and rejoin an Upper Land ..
Viva Daemonforums !