View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2008
ISO Quartermaster

Ok, I kept reading in a hurry today, so we'll take it step by step. (The fact that your /usr/local/etc/ezjail's domain name had dashes was fine--it should be whatever you called it.)

Quote:

#cd /usr/ports/sysutils/ezjail && make install clean
#cp /usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf.sample /usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf
vi /usr/local/etc/ezjail.conf #and I uncomment all, so my conf have default values
The copying of the sample and uncommenting it should all be unnecessary.
I don't see them causing the error though.

#ezjail-admin update

I would have done this, and left out the copying of the sample config.
As you say you are going to retry the whole thing, leave that part (copying the sample).

doing it the way you did, ezjail-admin update is actually better than doing it with -i, as it will make sure it's really up to date.

#ifconfig rl0 alias 192.168.1.50 netmask 255.255.255.0
#echo 'ifconfig_rl0_alias0="inet 192.168.1.50 netmask 255.255.255.0"' >> /etc/rc.conf

Ok, I see one mistake here--the alias should be 255.255.255.255 (or 0xffffffff (that's zero x, not the capital letter o.)

Still doesn't cover the shell issue though. (I also see that there was an error there on my ezjail page, which I've now corrected.)
More commonly., you'd just do 192.168.1.50/32

#ezjail-admin create www.my-domain.com 192.168.1.50

Now, you should check /usr/local/etc/ezjail to make sure it's in there, and that the lines mentioned on my page are there, at least most of them.

#/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ezjail.sh start

This went without error messages, right?

#jail /usr/jails/www.my-domain.com www.my-domain.com 192.168.1.50 /bin/sh

and i get this error:
jail: execv: /bin/sh: No such file or directory

Ok, that shouldn't have happened, as we know.

#ls -la /usr/jails/www.my-domain.com
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root wheel 13 Jun 13 18:34 bin -> /basejail/bin

#/usr/jails/www.my-domain.com/basejail is empty

That is probably the issue. I'm not sure why that happened, and it sounds as if something went wrong in the install.
I'm sorry for the false info I gave earlier, as I said, I only had a little time to look at your post.