View Single Post
Old 30th January 2009
Tcpdump Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodjeGehaktMetMayo
As to the case, I've picked an 'Antec New Solution NSK4000 EC'.
Hmm. That one is not listed on the Antec site. Maybe its an EU thing. You should look as a minimum for compliant grommets to mount the hard drives; most Antec cases have them. Otherwise, they usually are pretty decent. I've mentioned that I like the P150/Solo (without PS); it is on sale here at Fry's for $69 at the moment. I know that's not an option for you.
The Antec 4080 (Or was it 4800?) is the same as the Antec 4000, only difference is that the 4080 comes with a 380W power supply.

Personally, I would choose the Antec case just because it looks nice ...

Quote:
today's ones are very good, I use Integrated Intel HDA (from Intel Q35 motherboard) with my Pioneer A107 amplifier and Technics RP-F290 headphones and quality is very good for me, also attached speakers (to that Pioneer) do the job.
I agree, I'm not a audiophile, but on-board sound has always been good for me.

Quote:
Carpetsmoker has also suggested a HDD, the Western digital Caviar 500GB 16MB Raid Edition, which seems to be completely different from the 'normal' WD retail HDDs (of which I am not too fond).
They are not ``completly different'' from normal Caviar drives, just of much better build quality, and they support a few features that normal caviar drives don't (Like NCQ).