View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th November 2017
New User

A bit of an update:

In an effort to determine exactly when the problem started, I set up 5 OBSD (5.[5-9]) VM servers from scratch. The last version under which I could get syslog-ng to work under was OBSD 5.5 with syslog-ng 3.4.7, installed from OBSD package mirrors. After subscribing to the syslog-ng forums I have found no help from that avenue either. Having tried sending several e-mails from different e-mail addresses to the developer responsible for the syslog-ng package, I only receive an error from shear.ucar.edu each time. Lastly I sent an e-mail to the Admins of the OpenBSD forum requesting info on the best OBSD forum (5 in total) to register in for my problem, but it went un-answered.

It would interest me if any forum member has had success in running syslog-ng on OBSD 5.5 or later, in particular versions 6.[0-2]. It begs the question: Did the OBSD developers simply compile syslog-ng without testing it under each OBSD version.

Have not had any luck in compiling syslog-ng myself, maybe I will set up a new VM for that.

Cheers,
Christopher