View Single Post
Old 8th March 2009
./dev/null

Greetings BSDFan666, thx for the suggestion on the fprint application, will need to try it one day, the ACPITZ i had to disable also need to be done in 4.3 (both i386 and amd64 builds) I am not so concerned about it though as it is working and the developers are doing a great job.

I am quite familiar with architectures of all kinds, i am not familiar with PXE pertaining to memory, I know the PXE from networking, I am clear that you are referring to adressable memory (virtual and physical) and am not to heartbroken over only seeing 3gb of RAM even on a Amd64 build.

Also I was looking at a Dell Inspiron 1520 with a broken LCD, good price, might be a good upgrade to my 1.73 HP single core running my firewall now.

Just noticed that in my previous post i did not mention what "this laptop" is, its a Lenovo T61, dam fine, sold my Macbook Pro (and my white Macbook with XP Pro on it ) support for WPA2 and other goodies (and of course OpenBSD in general) have made it GREAT to use OpenBSD on any of my laptops, hope there is more people doing the same its a GREAT operating system with excellent code.

Last edited by There0; 8th March 2009 at 08:59 PM.