View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th July 2008
New User

No relevant messages in /var/log/messages. No start-up errors...nothing. same situation with /var/log/httpd-error.log. I set LogLevel to debug, and pretty much all of the messages returned were pertaining to SSL (no warnings. Just confirmation of keys loading, etc.)

Being as impatient as I am, I did a fresh install of this system, and used the ports tree from the sysinstall menu instead of using csup this time around. This tree built Apache v 2.2.6, and I followed the identical method I used on 2.2.9, but this time, everything works fine. I don't know if I got a rotting ports tree on my last install, or what, but something is quirky with Apache 2.2.9. I was also having problems getting PHP pages to parse (kept getting the infamous Firefox download box.) I have configured Apache numerous times across several different OSes and platforms, so I am not exactly a noob at this, but this situation is just baffling.

I don't recall the cvsup server that I used (maybe 4??? It was a US server out of San Jose, CA.)