View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th September 2009
New User

Default OpenBSD installation on eeepc 1000

Installation seems to go well, until I halt the system and reboot. System sits with a scrolling screen of death flashing by too fast to read. Something about Inodes and time there is a "fix YES" at the end of some of the lines. I can't really tell what is going on as it is scrolling too fast, and I am completely new to any *BSD. So I thought I would drop in and give you as much as I can so you can tell me I was making a stupid mistake, lol. 1st off, this is my first attempt at any BSD. I am using the installation instructions from the openbsd.org website. The eeepc has 4 partitions by default on the 8 gig SSD (wd0). Only one is used for the OS. The others are for recovery software. The second partition on the disk (a little over 3 gigs in) is the OS partition, I am leaving the others alone so I can recover back to the default xandros OS if needed. I have tried doing a single partition and label over the whole 4 gig OS part. I have tried breaking them up (as recommended by the instructions) over the 4 gig part. I have even tried spreading them around over the primary 8 gig SSD, 32 gig secondary SSD and a SD card for good measure. Everytime is the same thing.

Any help would be appreciated, but I know I am not offering much to go on. I am hoping it's a well known, obvious answer to an experienced user.