View Single Post
Old 31st January 2012
Too dumb for a smartphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillindu View Post
But... in (linux) fdisk there is no an option to resize a partition!!! (Or, at least, I don't see it, neither under "x", that is, under "extra functionality, experts only".) Only to delete a partition, or to add a new one.
You will need both of these. First delete the old partition (the one that is the whole NetBSD slice). Then add a new partition at the same slot and location. That is, it should start at the same offset, but the size should be bigger as you wish. Be sure to be working in sectors. And make a note of the new offset and size since you will have to put the same in the disklabel.

Quote:
Oh, yes, there's also an option to "create a new empty Sun disklabel", as well as to "edit BSD label". But, when I try the second one, I'm being said that "there is no *BSD partition on /dev/hda". The same when I run fdisk on that particular (NetBSD's) partition.
I would never use these. If you want to edit disklabels you should use the appropriate tool from the BSD in question. The Linux tools can't be expected to support and be up to date with all varieties of BSD, so should not be used or trusted for this, IMO. For making the overall fdisk type partitions, the fdisks from the two systems should of course agree exactly.

Quote:
On the other side, cfdisk does have options to resize or move partitions, but, it seems that neither of these options is available for Sun-ufs filesystem. Futhermore, there is an option to edit it (to "edit this BSD disklabel"), but, when I try it - the program crashes (bug in the program)! So, how can I increase the slice!?
Again, just use fdisk as above.