View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th September 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arenio View Post
I've got a problem with cooperating OpenBSD CARP and CISCO router.
Firstly, there are several cases to make a failover and a load balancing.
Welcome!

I don't have complete answers to your questions, but although you have provided a fair amount of information upfront, you have not disclosed what may be the most important piece of information needed -- the version of OpenBSD used. At a minimum, providing the output of the following would help shed light:

$ sysctl kern.version

However, providing the entire output of dmesg(8) would be better, as this provides the kernel's complete interpretation of the hardware.

In reading the project's official misc@ mailing list, there have been sporadic issues with carp(4) found in 5.3-release which have already been addressed in -current. If you are unfamiliar with OpenBSD's flavors, see Section 5.1 of the official FAQ. If you are running anything older than a recent snapshot of -current, I would encourage you to retest with something more up-to-date.

A subset of misc@ discussions on carp(4) can be found at the following:

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&w=2&r=1&s=carp&q=b

As for your questions on load balancing using carp(4), I have not ferreted out all the issues associated with the information provided, but I question whether you should be looking at relayd(8) instead.

I apologize that I don't have a more complete answer to your questions. This is a relatively small community of OpenBSD users which is independent of the project proper. We don't have all answers, but we do try to further focus questions which are posed.

Other members here may provide further perspective at their convenience.

Last edited by ocicat; 14th September 2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Add marc.info link.