View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th December 2009
./dev/null

Quote:
(i want only ssh access)
This wish is only going to cause you problems, speculate for a moment a misconfigured or other big OOPS that kills your SSH connectivity.

Do you believe that somebody with some knowledge is not going to be able to "break" into your machine via single user mode? or booting up from other media? If you have the option of physically locking up the room, this is perhaps what you may be really wanting and should focus on achieving.

I have "broken" into many a Linux box (VERY EASILY) because the "expert" that set it up had no clue about security or otherwise. I marvel at how many HTTP "servers" are running Bluetooth daemons and GUI's (and worse), just because it's enabled by default and they really have no clue.

Quote:
How about being generous with Superglue on the PS/2 and USB connectors on the firewall?
I got a BAD visual on that one i love my equipment but do agree with punishing unauthorized persons to the maximum, especially when the glue gets them and you can physically get an opportunity to deal with them