View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th July 2008
New User

Post USB wireless network adapter, ndis problem

Hi. I have the D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. A2 USB wireless network adapter (the one not supported by FreeBSD 7), so I am trying to get it to work with ndis. I run
Code:
ndisgen PRISMA02.inf PRISMA02.sys
where PRISMA02.* are the Windows XP drivers for this USB wireless network adapter. This part works fine, and I get the PRISMA02_sys.ko file. I am able to load it with
Code:
kldload PRISMA02_sys.ko
and I have also copied it to /boot/modules and edited /boot/loader.conf to load it on boot. Everything up to this point works fine. But after PRISMA02_sys.ko, if_ndis.ko and ndis.ko are loaded, I am not able to use the ndis0 device, that is, when I run
Code:
ifconfig ndis0
it tells me that the device cannot be found. I've looked at the handbook, and also searched for solutions to similar problems, but everything I find on this issue is like 4 years old and says that USB is not yet supported by ndis. I'm not sure if it is, but I looked at the FreeBSD CVS repository and it does look like USB support has been implemented. Obviously I am doing something wrong or missing something, but I am not sure what it is. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.