View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th September 2012
More noise than signal

daemonfowl, posting only the output from pkg_info(1) did not answer my questions, or tell me anything about a change in status for your problem, if any.

I'll restate my questions, to try to obtain more information from you about your problem and its current status, and at the same time, try to provide possible guidance for all eventualities, since your problem state is unknown.

Please reply with YES or NO to each question.
  1. Was libiconv already installed before running the ./configure and make with the results you posted in this thread?
  2. If the answer to Question 1. was NO, now that you have installed libiconv, was the iconv problem resolved?
If your answer to Question 1 was YES, or if the answers to both Question 1. and 2. were NO:
  1. Are you able to determine which of the libiconv files are the header files?
  2. If the answer to Question a. is YES, do you know how to tell your httrack building tools where to find them, or can you copy them to a place where the building tools will find them?
If the answer to Question a. is YES and the answer to Question b. is NO, you should contact the httrack developers for assistance.

If the answer to Question a. is NO, you will need to do basic research on header files so that you can recognize them by name and by directory hierarchy.