View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2008
Package Pilot

You can always set up one machine with a scsi disk array attached, and use NFS to export (this will require you to have a private vlan with which to share the filesystems to the other machines... you wouldn't want to share them over the network that customer traffic is coming across).

So you can set up /www on the machine with the disk array and NFS export it, so that no matter what system the users log in to, the /www will always be the same.

Same goes for /home. Or maybe you can host them out of /home/$LOGIN/public_html or something similar.

On my set up I have a seperate filesystem /www, and /home/$LOGIN/public_html is a soft-link to /www/$LOGIN.

And the cost of cpanel licenses is staggering I know cpanel is extremely popular, but maybe you can look into ISPconfig (which runs beautifully on CentOS). It's free and gives most of the functionality of cpanel (But then again, in places where I do have access to cpanel I hardly use it, I find it too clunky for me... I'd rather be on the command line personally but not too many hosts allow this).