View Single Post
Old 7th September 2012
More noise than signal

I've done something you haven't, daemonfowl. I used www.google.com with two keywords: hpmount and openbsd.

The first hit was a ports@ discussion from 2007. In it, I learned that you are supposed to use "-r" for read/only, and a mount point. The mount point is missing in your later tests, and you have never used "-r" which I believe should be a requirement. The pkg_info output you posted does not show a man page for the hpmount command ... but apparenlty one was written since this version was ported 11 years ago. Again, I discovered this using Google, and again it was the top hit on the page. The keywords I used were hpmount and hfsplus.

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/...hpmount.1.html

If it were me, I would never ever ever ever not even once attempt to use this without -r.

If both raw (character) and cooked (block) device nodes for the "i" partition failed, I would experiment with the -pn options and the special partition letter that is used for the whole physical disk. I wonder if you remember which letter that is?

And, using that partition of the whole disk, I would experiment with both raw and cooked nodes.

I will tell you that in looking through the ports@ and ppc@ mailing lists, and doing other Internet searches, I have not seen any postings published that showed a successful hpmount command. But it must have been possible, at least in 2002, else this would never have been added to the ports tree