View Single Post
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd November 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
I haven't had a Foxconn before, can you tell me why your friends didn't like it?
Well two of my friends have had one. One said the BIOS was consistently really buggy and his board died on him within a few months, said it was the worst motherboard he ever bought. My other friend said he had problems with hardware compatibility and couldnt get a decent overclock. Although this could be his own fault for not researching his buy.
There was also a rumor a few months back how foxconn sabotaged their BIOS not to support ACPI under linux or something like that, though I don't know how true this is but it was a pretty big deal for a lot of people it seemed.
In general foxconn hasn't impressed too many people I dont think, thats not to say they don't make any good boards. If you found one with all the features you need at a really good price, maybe pick it up and let us know.

Quote:
I am not really into Asus that much, but some people just can't live without it, do you know if it is a chick thing, or more of an OCing board?
ASUS pump out the most boards from super high end gaming boards to budget legacy type. Apart from their terrible customer service, ASUS has good design usually, lots of innovation and can usually OC pretty good. Yes some people usually just buy for the name but they know what they're getting.

Just find something that looks right to you and fits your budget. What kind of setup are you going for?