View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th February 2010
Arp Constable

Without touching OpenGL directly by hand, SDLs own graphics stuff is more or less a case of here be a bitmap, blit bitmap on screen here. For OpenGL and tessellation, I would say check here. OpenGL is several layers "Higher" then what I personally expected, but still refuses to hold your hand.

Qt also provides an OpenGL module, although I've never used it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
have you take a look at c4 engine?the 'framework' seem run well on both windows and macos,as macos based on freebsd,do you think it will need less/more/much for converting the code?i don't know the macos and freebsd differencies inside and out.
OS X and FreeBSD have very many differences, one most notably being, that average OS X users are not likely to know what X11R7 refers to, nor actually care. How it would effect something like the C4 engine, is purely dependent upon the engines code base: they don't seem to provide enough documentation for one to judge that easily. Looking at the website, unless the author has quiet a bit of NIH syndrome, coupled with being as anally portable as ISO C*, C4 is not likely to be useful on FreeBSD without abuse to make it work, or conservative use of it's features to minimise portability pain.

It should however, be well worth the licensing cost to outfit a team of coders at a start up.

* The ISO C standard (and afaik C++'s as well), is so darn portable, it would be fair to say that it doesn't even assume the operating system supports directories!

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.