View Single Post
Old 19th December 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by silex View Post
Right! and there's lots of madness lying there. So here's what I did, and please correct me if I'm wrong, on my nas pool, my logic was to tackle the Advanced Format bs by partitioning the disk so that it stays in the boundaries of 4096 bytes at a time for whatever operation, then well Geli was set to feed ZFS 4K chunks and ZFS would just align (ashift 12), I didn't bother using gnop since I'm already at 3 software layers for disk access without counting ZFS. Is there any issue apparent in here?
These instructions seem to be OK, but I haven't tried them at home yet ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by silex View Post
Got it. Personally I found this ZFS setup way too complex already, I'm may be accustomed to KISS stuff from OpenBSD but I really needed ZFS for this server, it took me about 10days to get everything sorted out with not much trial and errors so for now i think i'd better pass on Beadm although I can see how useful it is.
If You take some time to understand what really ZFS snapshot and ZFS clone is, beadm is no-brainer then

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd