View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th May 2008
New User

Default Yes, I get that

Thanks for the help, but I wasn't clear:

Yeah, I understand the fact that I should put those lines in the install.site. Actually, that is all that is in there right now, just the pkg_add lines, as I am simply trying to get it going as a proof of concept (it was a little more extensive, but I edited it down to commands that I knew would work). The script works, no doubt about it, as I can run it as soon as the install is done and it works perfectly. It just doesn't run by default. It is just sitting there in the / directory when I reboot the machine after the install. As soon as I login for the first time I can run the script and it works.

As to the ftp, I know that that would be the easiest way to provide it, but the problem is my boss wants CDs to hand out to our distributed computing areas. Eventually, I may be able to convince him to change to a ftp service (way easier on our end) but right now, he wants an iso.

So I am trying to it that way, and am thinking that maybe it has to do with my file structure, or maybe permissions? I put the site43.tgz in the 43/i386 directory, and tarzipped it with tar -czvf options, if that helps. Thanks again!