Thread: Social Media
View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2019
parrot

I am kind of surprised, no one mentioned that there is a OpenBsd group on Face Book

A few years back, before I retired and was travelling ,working but out of town , constantly, and often a long ways from home, most of the kids and adults, in my pueblo really don't know about using a PC and forums, like this one, but they are all using facebook, well here, most of the adults are computer illiterate, especially older adults, the kids show them how to use Facebook, so any way I ended up joining it as well, and I liked it, is was nice seeing familiar faces, reading about things going on on in the pueblo, etc,..Now that I am retired and at home, I use it much less, a side note:, when I started using Face Book, I found that most of my relatives, some I have not actually seen in over 50 years, all are using it, similar, none have a clue as to using technical forums, and such,...none know what USENET is, except me, I was using usenet way back, even in the mid 1980's, I don't really care much about the so called social media, I think for many, especially people that can not get out, house bound, etc, it really is important,....
I don't like Twitter, nor Linkden, at all, and the worst thing about Face Book is that it is very slow, takes forever to load, and sometimes is rather buggy,
@
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head_on_a_Stick View Post
it's easy when you don't have any friends ---
Actually you do have friends, if you don't believe me, feel free to PM me , at any time, but any way, for me, the real social life for me is with my birds, and then the humans that are around me daily, and that I actually can touch and see, IE: wife, grand children, etc,...