View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th June 2008
Arp Constable

I agree wit JMJ about the feature based system -- one thing I've actually liked about FreeBSD releases is the "Oh, whats cookin' new" moment ;-)

Dunno about everyone else but I tend to remember things that change in regard to releases, such as when csup became part of the system and installing cvsup (or csup) began the move into historical interest.

OpenBSDs near clockwork releases on the other hand have never let me down in the short time that I've used OpenBSD (since a lit' bit before 4.0s release). Every time I've seen a release made, I've always been proud at the notes and instructions that come along with it -- that's what I call doing it the right way. And never have I wound up screwed over and fumbling through commit messages to figure out what the without warning broke !

How the heck they do it in time for a six months schedule, I'll never figure out >_>

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.