View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st October 2008
FreeBSD 2.2.6 User

Question Seeking: politically-minded web application programmers

Howdy folks,
I'm currently forming a group to develop a set of tools for LP and pro-liberty organizations to have better information resources that are easier to manage. If you're a web application developer, specifically with PHP or frontend (XHTML, Javascript, AJAX, DHTML, etc) experience, we could really use your help.

Let me know if you're interested in this. I've got some ideas for a baseline, and there are open-source tools which we can build from, tie together, integrate, and create a user-friendly frontend for. These include Advokit and CiviCRM primarily. Above and beyond those, I'd like to create some custom tools. I've created a project on berlios.de for collaboration.

Personally, I can do C and Perl development for back-end application, and I'm also looking to do the project management and end-user assistance and integration work myself. What's needed are skilled front-end server-side programmers (PHP, Ruby, Perl), and skilled front-end client-side programmers and UI designers (XHTML, Javascript, DHTML, AJAX, graphics) for the project.

These projects will primarily support the Libertarian Party of the US, but should be readily portable to other groups, and some others may become involved in the project at some point as well.

If anyone here is interested, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!