View Single Post
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th July 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronForge View Post
I've been trying to mount a USB drive for a day or so; and though I've found the references, I can't seem to get past the "rsd0c is not Configured" error message.

The device/drive sd0 did show up on my dmesg yesterday...
  • The first thing you want to do is study Section 14.17 of the FAQ, as this deals with mounting (USB) flash devices.

http://openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#flashmem
  • Secondly, become familiar with disklabel(8). This should at least appear familiar given that you have recently installed OpenBSD. If it does not, study both the manpage & Section 4 of the FAQ. Reading Section 14.1 is also recommended.
  • Thirdly, /dev/sd0c cannot be mounted as a filesystem. disklabel(8) will show what partitions are available on the USB drive, & if it is formated FAT, then I urge you to study the examples very carefully at the bottom of the mount(4) manpage. If the drive is formated NTFS, you will need to recompile the kernel after enabling NTFS support in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC. NTFS support is considered experimental, & is thus not available by default. NTFS support is mentioned in passing in Section 14.16.