View Single Post
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th July 2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronForge View Post
I think I'm having hardware or another problem. I'm getting this at the end of my dmesg:

uhub0: device problem, disabling port 4
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 6
softraid0 at root
root on wd0a swap on wd0b dump on wd0b
kqemu: kqemu version 0x00010300 loaded, max locked mem=1031948kB
DDB symbols added: 337632 bytes
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 5
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 5
Yes, I agree. This looks like a hardware issue. The "disabling port" error message is found in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/uhub.c. Comments in the code indicate that either a new address cannot be added or that a serious error has occurred. In either event, the code cannot rectify what it is finding in hardware.
Quote:
There are no sd* drive nor umass device mentioned either. They were listed 2 days ago.
Then something has changed in the configuration. The dmesg(1) output shows that kqemu has been installed, so a number of packages have been added. Perhaps jggimi may have an idea about it. I personally don't use virtualization software, but I do know that it messes with a lot of things at a very low level.
Quote:
Per FAQ14, shouldn't I see something like the following on my messages?

umass0: at uhub1 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
sd0 detached
scsibus2 detached
umass0 detached
When the device is unplugged, yes.
Quote:
Is it a hardware problem, or has my kernel been hacked (it's GENERIC), or has someone accessed my machine somehow?
I would suspect hardware issues.
Quote:
IIRC, I haven't touched anything that requires the BDI/Berkely Database thus far, unless OPENBSD, GNOME, or FIREFOX required it... I've worked with ORACLE before; and may have pulled the BDI database to study it later; but the perl modules weren't manually pulled.
When the ports tree is updated, any infrastructural change checked into the tree will be downloaded -- unconditionally.
Quote:
Is "avr" in -CURRENT?
Changes to the makefile were checked in four days ago in -current:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...r/Makefile.inc

Depending on how much time you want to spend troubleshooting, I will repeat my suspicion about packages added. Since it sounds like you are looking for peace of mind, I would go as far as suggesting reinstalling followed by immediately testing your USB devices before installing hordes of packages.

Last edited by ocicat; 17th July 2009 at 04:50 AM.