View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
NetBSD a functioning power supply, serial port, and bootale media ;-)
Rofl!

Me? I have a 2.66GHz Pentium D running at 3.4GHz on water cooling, 4gb of ram, and a 8600GTS graphics card, 73 GB Raptor
What do I do with it? I play doom 3. I also compile everything from source, even kde, openoffice, firefox, etc. Often times multiple things compiling so long as they don't try to compile the same dependency.

It is really nice to not have to wait for your system. To click things and bam they are open. To have 25 different windows/applications open and still have no slow downs. Somthing I didn't know I needed until I had it. Now anything less that 2gb of ram on my workstations and I get cranky. My servers on the other hand, 500mhz Sparc IIi with 1GB of ram, 233 MHz Pentium MMX 192mb ram, and both of them are lazy, doing next to nothing in terms of CPU. So I really don't need anything faster there.

This is my *GASP* Windows XP machine also, that I use for gaming, more specifically Guitar Hero III. Believe it or not, my computer is just BARELY fast enough to play GHIII without lag, it lags once in a while but nothing unacceptable. It used to lag really bad until they release the latest patch.