View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
Package Pilot

Quote:
Perhaps partition 2 is the outermost partition?
This is something that had never been made clear to me. I have seen charts that point in one direction while someone else chart point in the opposite direction. Most hard-disk chart I seen points no where, leaving you to come up the wrong answer.

Maybe this can help to explain my question a little better. Please take a look at the attached chart below. It is one of the many re-used charts that points no where and never speak of direction.

1)
Where is this so-called outermost partition on the chart?

2)
Is the innermost of the hard-drive located where the big hole (center gray circle) starts from?

3)
If so, do this mean that the purple and green parts is the outermost of the hard-drive?

4)
When you create partitions in this order (1 2 3 4). Do it turn-into (4 3 2 1) or (2 4 3 1) with-out your knowledge or is it like stacking ABC blocks as one would imagine?

Take a look at my list again. This is the way I created my partitions; I used Arch-Live CD cfdisk. Could you or someone please explain to me and/or mark the chart attached below and re-post it to indicate an idea of where each partition actually lives (by it number). Can you mark the the inner and outer parts to indicate where they are on a real hard-drive. Can you point the in which partitons are actually created ... and than an answer to my original question if possible?

Partition-1 100 GB - 4445 second | byte = 1 hour 15 minute
Partition-2 100 GB - 1118 second | byte = 0 hour 18 minute
Partition-3 300 GB - 3537 second | byte = 0 hour 59 minute

Partition-4 EXTENDED is from 501MB -1000MB -- nothing on it yet.

Attached Images
File Type: png pie-chart.png (34.5 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by sharris; 13th June 2011 at 07:07 AM.