View Single Post
Old 18th June 2010
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
It may be worth doing more memory testing, but memtest must run continuously without interruption. Leaving it for a day may be in order especially if the memory can be replaced.
I forgot to mention that the day before yesterday I changed the memory module , but the system still rebooted...

I ran memtest with this 'new' memory, only with it, but it seems not very true to life that each memory module which's plugged into this motherboard appears to be faulty.

I think the reason is this mini-ITX Intel D201GLY2 motherboard (I mean hardware compatability, not it's 'health' in general, because as I've already said, Slax Linux worked fine from the USB-stick).
Has anybody had experience with OpenBSD running on this motherboard?

I googled and as I saw that people had problems while trying to install OpenBSD on this hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDfan666 View Post
or perhaps a dusty CPU heatsink?
no, it's impossible - the motherboard is absolutely new, it was bought several days ago in the copmuter shop with a good reputation and right after byuing I started to play with it

One more note: my board is Intel D201GLY2A (but it's not too impotant, as D201GLY2 and D201GLY2A are based on the same chipset SiS 662)

Last edited by Lexus45; 18th June 2010 at 03:06 PM.