View Single Post
Old 24th July 2012
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonfowl View Post
It's the first time I touched a php*.*.ini file ..
...which may be more the reason for researching what should be contained in php.ini.
Quote:
I set session.save_path to "/var/www/htdocs"
It sounds like this was tried blindly.
Quote:
ok what man or FAQ should I read now ???
  • This is your project, & part of embarking into uncharted territory means that research is going to be required at some point. Given that you have over 500 messages posted on this site, you should be starting to get a good idea of what is in the FAQ yourself. So, you can determine yourself where in the FAQ is a discussion of PHP.

...but I'm a nice guy, & I will give you a hint. What is the purpose of the FAQ, & should PHP be covered at length in an OpenBSD FAQ?
  • As for manpages, PHP was installed as a package and/or port. Are manpages installed too? How do you determine what is installed in an OpenBSD package?

If you don't know the answer, where would you go to search?
The point of this exercise is twofold. Thinking is a very good skill to develop, & beginning to find information yourself without the need for spoon-feeding is paramount to moving out of the "newbie" category. In other words, you need to learn this yourself. Now is as good a time as any to begin.