View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th March 2018
parrot

Thanks, you hit the nail on the head here, I did not think to include that in my details, but
Code:
qemu-img create -f qcow2 windowsXP.img 15G
Quote:
convert if using a different format (such as qcow2).
, is exactly what I did when I made the image to start with.
I could also try making a new image, and start over. Looking at the manual, but am having trouble understanding how I would implement the "convert" option.
Thanks
==== edited====
I think I got it, it does mount now, thanks a bunch. Now to see if it still boots in the VM as well.
==== edited again ====
YES, it boots fine, and it works well, I was able to copy images, and music from the OpenBsd host, to the windows guest, etc,... I think my nephew will like this.
His Windows 7 laptop crashed and burned, on him, apparently viruses were involved, so any way , I suggested he might be interested in OpenBsd, instead of windows, especially if he wants to use internet, but then he mentioned that they require him to use some of the windows office and word programs in school, I think the VM will be sufficient for his needs.
====== edited again=======
on the convert option , it turned out to be quite simple:
the actual command I used:
Code:
 qemu-img convert windows-xp.img windowsXP.img
Pretty simple, windows-xp.img was the name of the image that had been made using the
qcow2 format, windowsXP.img is the name of the new converted image.
(the original image was not lost or changed)

Last edited by PapaParrot; 27th March 2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: To show the qemu-image convert command I used