Thread: Missing suEXEC
View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th May 2010
Tcpdump Spy

hmm, the apache port behaves in mysterious ways, appearently the -DWITH_SUEXEC option has no effect (!!).
However, using # make config and selecting the SUEXEC option works (tested).

You can view currently selected optins with # make showconfig.

Also make sure you run a make clean after changing options. This clears out the build tree, the FreeBSD port system remembers which build targets have been competed and skips those if you use the same build tree again, which can be a problem if you change options.

Quote:
I have found a /usr/ports/www/apache22/Makefile.options file that contains a list of enable switches for various mods. The last two mods address SUEXEC and CGID. These two were defaulted to OFF, and I have changed the same to ON (as follows):
You should use # make config for that instead of hacking the Makefile. It does exactly the same thing and saves the options in /var/db/ports/apache22/options

Quote:
(QUESTION: Regarding the latter scenario, what is the significance of the -D . . .I can't find any help or man information regarding the switch(s).)
From make(1):
Code:
     -D variable
             Define variable to be 1, in the global context.
It's the same as using WITH_SUEXEC=yes