View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th September 2010
Rc.conf Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 View Post
Hello
I'm new to the forums but not completely new to BSD. Recently I decided to reuse an old laptop that I have had for a while and eventually landed on installing OpenBSD as it had the most supported hardware in the generic kernel.
I still have two main problems and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. First my audio does not work with OpenBSD. In the dmesg I find a load of lines where the ac97 is querying the hardware but can't find the audio. I know from elsewhere that is should be somewhere around I/O 0x530 and Irq 11 but for some reason OpenBSD can't find it.
Thinkpad 600e should have much better audio than the stupid AC97. I have had at least four ThinkPads so far the oldest being 300E and OpenBSD audio works perfectly on all of them without any additional configuration. You might want to see above post for additional help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacman08 View Post
Next my apm doesn't quite work. APM can be turned on to run auto/cool etc., and will even put my laptop in suspend with apm -suspend or zzz. The problem is trying to wake it up, once its in suspend it will never come back. Even when I use the laptop keyboard function keys to wake it up it will not come back. I eventually have to turn off the laptop power switch (or drop the battery) and turn it back on to come back.

Any help is appreciated
Forget about it. ThinkPads are different story when it comes to recent work on ACPI and I can tell you that suspend does NOT work on them (at least on two old once that I still have).