View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th November 2013
New User

Wow, that's quite a specific origin for vether! I can't remember the exact source - I've read so much over the last week - but I think the initial suggestion to create a bridge came from irc. The motive was that I wanted to only have one ip address that spanned all interfaces, for ease of administration (and to emulate the off the shelf linksys router). Ifconfig allows you to assign the same ip to all interfaces, but only seems to use the first assigned, so I tried creating a trunk (I know, I know, I'm a complete beginner with networks and was clutching at straws). That didn't work, hence the bridge, which did exactly what I wanted - i.e. all devices talk to one one host ip and are connected to each other through it.

I'm glad to see you've got yours all working through the urtwn link to a mobile phone - at least now I know it can be done. It's always disheartening when you're banging your head against a brick wall to do something you're not even sure is possible

Thanks for the warm welcome and quick assistance. I will try both your suggestions