#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th March 2009
New User

Default New FreeBSD user. I need help!

As I posted on freebsd.orgI need help.

Here is what i wrote.
Someone please help me

Quote:
I installed FreeBSD, got to the default boot loader, and left. It probably loaded up by now.

I'm REALLY dumb when it comes to linux. I am very smart in windows, proud ethical hacker.

What do I do?

Does it go right to the shell? What do I type to get to the user interface?

Also, I have a mad dog hard drive enclosure. It was found on Freesbie, it connected. I jsut don't know how to go to it.

It was ntfs/Apollo.

Lastly, I need internet, then a remote control program.
This is a laptop, old. toshiba, all I want it for is simple file sharing. I have 2 servers, but didn't want to put FreeBSD.

So, the internet.
I have a Speedstream 4200 modem. The original windows xp was conencted via usb. If I cannot use USB, I would like to use a wireless netgear card. I also have a WIRed one, but the connector is lose. So, the first would be USB, second would be Wireless netgear Ga511, and the third option would be wired netgear card.

I just need to know, what to do.

Can I use any software to burn the the internet drivers?
I'm guessing I have to download the drivers for FreeBSD, put it on a disk, then pop the disk it. Orrrrr, is it compaitible already, I just need to double click something and it installs?

I'm a new user, so I don't know anything. If someone can give me advice, or places where I can find this information, that would be great!

Please reply, not just look at it, and then go back.

Also, I have AIM, the screen name is Rowebil
I have Yahoo!, the username is rowebil64
I have msn, it's Rowebil@gmail.com

That's if you prefer talking to me in real time, which I do like the idea of. So, If I ahve a question, I don't need to reply here.

Thanks for helping me!

Also, where can I get a FreeBSD cluster? It was on youtube. That would be pretty nice, it' looks cool.
Hope you can assist me and provide more information. Any video tutorials?
Im a visual learner, not reader.