View Single Post
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th November 2008
New User

Hello again,-

and thanks for your replies, everyone.

The GStreamer codecs for Totem failed miserably; I get the exact error message as before installing them ("Totem doesn't have the appropriate plugins, please download them" etc). I've tried rebooting - same result.

After that I went for Ogle; everything went fine until at the very end of installation, when registering the product, it hit an error and aborted.

After that I kinda got into the sport of finding ONE player that would install AND work out of the box; so I went for MPlayer.

Everything went fine up until the last part, where it encountered the same problem as Ogle did, and aborted.

Here's the error message:

mv -f ".libs/libgiofam.expT" ".libs/libgiofam.exp"
cc -shared .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-helper.o .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-module.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamdirectorymonitor.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamfilemonitor.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libintl.so -lgio-2.0 /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libfam.so -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgiofam.so -Wl,-retain-symbols-file -Wl,.libs/libgiofam.exp -o .libs/libgiofam.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.
signon#

I've searched for this gio-fam-backend - thingy to deinstall it, but it's not even installed on the machine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
Vahagn