View Single Post
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th June 2010
Fdisk Soldier

Default Question about mplayer and video playback

Hello to all. I'm new to your community and found your forum very helpful while I was configurating the OS.

First things first. I managed to install OpenBSD 4.7 to my laptop and the whole setup of my system was very easy with the man pages (got openbox working, network is up, etc.).

For one week now I even do all stuff from the terminal, which I begin to find more easy than navigating through file managers. No more clicks and windows for me.

Now to the point: I installed mplayer and I have some questions. I can't find any info about the .conf file. The only thing I found was on man pages and it was the only thing I didn't find helpful. Am I supposed to create it from scratch? Also I noticed that every video I play, somehow "stucks" every 5-10 seconds for a moment (although I think that this will be solved with the configuration of the .conf file). Why is this happenning?

My video card is intel x3100 and I'm on OpenBSD 4.7 x64 (due to dual core).

edit: I think I have to raise shmem segments or something like that... where's that now? (and I thought the video player would be the easiest part... lol)

Last edited by Daffy; 15th June 2010 at 12:30 PM.