View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd January 2018
Spam Deminer

I acquired another machine I thought I'd attempt to install ArcaOS onto. This is an HP Pavilion desktop with a Core i3 and originally had Windows 7 installed, so not recent, but not ancient.

Trying to boot it asks for hard drive or the ArcaOS installation DVD which is selected, then it looks like it will boot and arrives at a prompt to install the ArcaOS installation media!?!

Again, DO NOT waste your time and money with this clunker. It doesn't work as advertised and the so-called support is pathetic. Had a ticket open for 4 months and instead of addressing the problem that the Atheros driver isn't working, they ignored it for weeks on end, or told me to do stupid things like change a cable, or telling me to change my firewall rules.

Support: Atrocious.
Price: Outrageous since it doesn't work.

Attempted install on 3 laptops and 3 desktops.

2 desktops won't install. 1 has an Atheros chipset that the company won't recognize as a problem and fix it.
1 laptop has an Atheros chipset and they won't acknowledge it. 2 laptops won't install.

Sold as "works on modern hardware." False claim. Works on specific hardware only.