View Single Post
Old 6th April 2010
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
You should let it continue uninterrupted for at least 24 hours. If testing is interrupted, you will need to start over.
2 12-hour tests != 1 24-hour test
Once testing is complete, report the results.

Here is my assessment thus far:
  • I am asking you to exhaustively test memory because I suspect you cannot account for how this system has been used/treated during its lifespan. Even if you have such knowledge, it is an old system. Thoroughly testing memory now is information which may be useful later -- assuming it is deemed good memory.
  • If testing does not reveal anything, try BSDfan666's idea of switching to the VESA driver.
  • As for the output of pkg_info(1) & df(1),
    • It is interesting that you did not test X before installing so many packages. Verifying base system functionality immediately after installation is a more systematic approach than waiting after lots of third-party applications have been installed. It's a more complicated environment now.
    • The df(1) output also points out something which you will need to monitor throughout the lifetime of this particular installation. Instead of me simply telling you what it is, I'm going to treat this as a teaching moment (while you are waiting for memory testing to complete). So here's the question:

What do you think the df(1) output indicates?

Thinking is required.
I test RAM for 36 Hour and memery test dose not find error . So RAM is OK
what I must do right now ?