View Single Post
Old 6th October 2009
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocicat View Post
If you look at the timestamps of the messages in this thread, five minutes lapsed between response #10 & #11 in this thread. In other words, I never saw #10 as I was composing #11.

In #6, you state that this is your predominant experience. We can only work with the information provided.

BSDfan66 brought this up in pointing out a general preference of the Project developers for code written in C, shell, or Perl. Yes, I'm the one bringing up shell programming & Perl.
As I said in the #6, my experience is with OOP and Java which doesn't help on this. .
I was trying to make the point that OOP and Java knowledge wouldn't help in C programming.
I understand it wasn't quite clearly said but I thought it would be quite obvious that only real option for a rewrite would be to use plain C.

Adding anything Java related to base would require JDK to be also included. Same goes for another languages. C++ code could still be included but once PCC will replace GCC as default compiler any C++ would need a separate compiler as PCC is (AFAIK) only able to compile C code.