View Single Post
Old 4th November 2008
Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephemera View Post
like i said they are not perfect. for eg. their layout could be better. on my board the voltage regulators are spread on two adjacent sides of the cpu requiring an omnidirectional heatsink/fan for proper cooling. as a result i can't use the heatsink that i wanted and i ended up buying an antec TAC chassis to improve cpu cooling with the stock intel heatsink (i don't like TAC).

given the price at which it retails, they do a decent job. on a workstation board that costs twice as much its easier to get things right.

BTW, putting half a kilo of copper on a board, using all solid capacitors ... nine 120mm fans in a cabinet... maybe a good gimmick but not good design.
Yup, i could be wrong but they seem like a phase board, you know the i used to be into intel boards, but then i got over them and now i'd only build one for my gf/wife sorta thing. That said i'm still into their cpus and chipsets because the amd stuff just looks too sickly to me. Speaking of sickly my AMI bios died today, rip AMI.

MDH, looking at Biostar now...

Last edited by FHW; 4th November 2008 at 07:50 AM.