View Single Post
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 6th August 2008
New User

Well, it's hard for me to answer that. There are hundreds of developers within the private server community who do this for free. Why they do it is beyond me. If you like the game, and you have an interest in coding, and coincidentally you're looking for something to do for an hour or two a night (more or less) then this would fit you perfectly. With the server comes a community of people who play together and have known each other for awhile. Like I said in my first post, if you choose to get involved in the community (forums, IRC, in-game) then I can guarantee you will enjoy yourself.

I'm not sure what I did wrong in that quote. I think I was long-winded which put you off. Sorry about that, it was not intentional. I did edit my post a few times and may have overedited that

This might be a forum strictly built for paid professionals. I may be way out of my league. I'm truthfully not sure. But in my shoes, our server needs a developer and I felt like this place was worth a shot. In making this, the best that could happen would be that we find our dev, and the worst would be that I get banned from the forums, and my thread deleted. Either way I felt it was worth a shot.

Thanks,
Mark