View Single Post
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th October 2011
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I do not want to sound harsh but your reading skills are rather poor. I would suggest that you try at least vaguely familiarize yourself with the Unix Make utility. Then read again OpenBSD FAQ about Ports system. Then when you think you understand something try to ask a question again.

My crystal ball is telling me that you want to install a peace of software which is not ported to OpenBSD. If the software is Posix compliant and written with portability in mind the answer is probably yes. How easy/difficult is to make a port for your favorite peace of software? For you probably very, very difficult if not impossible if you have no clue about Make utility.
Wow, I should have know when you started your sentence with "I do not want to sound harsh". Did you not read ocicat's port? He nailed it. Obviously, you didn't understand my question and you are trying to flame me.

BTW, it's "piece" not "peace". My reading skills are not so great but your writing skills are not fantastic either. Don't throw stones.

Peace.