View Single Post
Old 16th August 2008
ISO Quartermaster

My goodness, someone must be desperate for something to write about. That story is old already and they just printed it yesterday?

I think that journalists, of course, try to sell controversy, often where none exists. It's been mentioned and pretty much ignored in a few places.

As journalists and troublemakers tend to do, it was probably taken out of context. Perhaps it just came down to there aren't as many Linux hating BSDers or BSD hating Linuxers as the publicizers of the statement hoped there would be. <shrug>.
A little after that, he made fun of it himself--posting something on a kernel mailing list, he said let's get this information out. All digg users are wanking walruses--his point being that since he'd insulted digg users, it was going to get the post dugg.
He seems to like alliteration about masturbation.

Self stimulating silliness?

Anyway, it's kind of a non-issue non-story, and one wonders what the heck was the motivation of Ms. Nessner in republishing it? Maybe she likes trouble and was disappointed that there was so little reaction to it the first time?

Although I wonder, with the world falling apart, perhaps people finally realize that there are more important things to worry about.