View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th September 2011
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepuku View Post
1)If i choose Linux i want it to be ext2 so i can share files between the OSes correct?
Yes.
Quote:
2)On the other hand if i choose FreeBSD it should be UFS1 correct?
I don't use FreeBSD, -- so this information may be incorrect, but I believe the two native filesystems are incompatible. I would share storage, if necessary via an ext2 filesystem.
Quote:
4)Independently of which OS i install first should i give it all the space and then repartition it using the second OS installation?
I would not. Think: how will you manage your repartitioning? If the answer is, "I don't know" then you have not thought this through sufficiently.
Quote:
5)Do i need to swap partitions?One for each OS?
You will have to be able to meet the needs of each operating system's swap provisioning requirements. Example: You could use a Linux swap partition (typically an extended MBR partition) by mapping those sectors into a BSD partition. If it is not the "b" partition, you will have to use swapctl(8) or swapon(8) in /etc/rc.local. If you don't know exactly how to conduct this yourself .... then do not bother trying, and let each OS have its own swap space.