Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th May 2008
Kienja

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherval
So i am to assume then that the Admins of the BSD Forum
that people feel did not do their job correctly were left behind.
to stay there or delete their forum?

And if so then What is he going to do with that forum?
Did everyone take a vote to leave him or something.

i really never knew anything about the site being spammed
i never noticed any avertisements at all.

i Ran a forum once and its not really that difficult to adjust moderators
and kick people out that were spamming the Forum.
The one and only administrator of BSDForums is called "admin." In effect, he does not exist! The administrator of BSDForums has not logged into the forums for years. Of course it is easy to ban users and clean up spam, but not if there is no one with the power to do it! The only active moderators on BSDForums did not have the ability to delete or ban users! The reason you never saw spam was because those two moderators, J65nko and phoenix, were doing an excellent, excellent job of removing all of the spam posts. However, this was becoming an extremely difficult task so they simply had to stop. No one wants a help forum to become a full time job. This is why we had to move here. BSDForums is on a one way course to being absolutely useless to everybody.

Quote:
But this site is too new for anyone to become
a disk solder,Shell Scout,or port guard?
We will not transfer titles from BSDForums. However, DaemonForums has not yet decided what its ranking system will be. Go here and vote for the ranks that you want DaemonForums to use.

Quote:
i do not see why he never bothered to do something about the problem
i am not even sure i know who he is.
No one knows who he is really. No one in the world knows why he does nothing about it. Members from BSDForums have done everything they can to attempt to get him to do something about the issue, but nothing (Including phone calls, emails, and faxes) worked.