View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th January 2015
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
are you sure the keyboard is unresponsive? Did you try switching virtual terminals with Ctl+Alt+F1? X runs on VT 5 (I think, on most platforms). F2 - F4 should get you to a login prompt.
To be more precise with wording, I am sure that I don't get any visual feedback to any of key combinations known to me that should have worked otherwise. These include switching VTs, restarting/killing X etc. One interesting observation, though, is that Xorg.0.log from that buggy snapshot lists "Server terminated successfully (0)" message, indicating that some key combinations may have actually worked, and it was rather a problem with inteldrm/KMS switching or something like that than with Xenocara itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep View Post
It looks like you have a dual Intel/NVidia GPU.

In 5.5 were you using the intel video driver or vesa?
Do you have the option to disable NVidia in the BIOS?
KMS requires libdrm. What happens if you disable inteldrm as described here?
Yes, I have hybrid graphics. It is Intel HD 4400 (Haswell) / NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, based on Optimus technology, and there is no BIOS option to disable any of the adapters manually.

5.5 boots automatically with inteldrm/framebuffer console enabled. X starts self-configured, using 'intel' driver.

Disabling inteldrm did help. X started normally. So this is the culprit I suppose? Perhaps some code change to it from 5.5 broke things in this case?

Last edited by luciderous; 24th January 2015 at 08:41 AM.