View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th February 2012
bsdstudent

That's so interesting to read Friend Carpetsmoker !
interesting points concerning wikipedia .. they need to hear your voice ..
your quoting the quote explains maybe how those giants were great humble and non-narcissist .. well in fact it reminds me of Linux Thorvald's saying ..
yes both are {influentional hackers} .. so {most} is intruder here .. but for sake of 7most lol .. 7up ... usually when I said {influential} it gets relativised by the one who's approaching the topic/Q .. while I meant ifluential programmer as far as computing chronics are concerned .. without c there would be no embedding technologies .. no tiny OSes .. no portability .. no kernel tweaks .. {assembly ==> c} was one of the biggest turning point ..

Quote:
can you name one single *concrete* thing that got changed because of wikileaks?
star-highlighted concretism makes the whole difference .. I believe wikileaks has redefined the notion of democracy/justice/'polycultural interpeace'/transparency/security/philanthropism/ ...... a lot of ideas taken for granted .. at peril now ..
many mindsets are changing thanks to wikileaks .. many 'maxims' .. 'truisms' .. this is a change ! .. in the long run .. it will bring about deeper changes at different levels and strata .. that's karma ..
As for the cryptome -new news for me- .. isn't it radically different doing *geeky* out of moral obligation and doing *geekything* out of pragmatic narcissism (money-fame-hostility-enemity)?

I paid you a short but pleasant visit home and said hello with a {$wget -r --no-parent ..}.. :-) and saw part of your coding genius .. how nice to produce something useful out of digits and algorithms .. I hope some day I will be able to join the coding community as more than just a passive beholder and admirer ..

Thanks again .. that's actually what I was hoping to see with the somehow insane {Most_7} thing ..

Last edited by daemonfowl; 19th February 2012 at 03:11 AM.