View Single Post
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th May 2008
Fdisk Soldier

I tried that, but that's not the problem. Let me give a little background so that it may be easier to understand the problem.

My FreeBSD server is a dedicated server that's in a data center. My friend owns a domain name that I'm using, so I asked him that he pointed the domain name to my server's IP address. Now, I can browse the domain name and view the website just fine from any computer (inside the LAN or outside), but there are certain little things that are missing in the website when I view it using the domain name. But if I use the IP of my server, there's nothing missing in the website.

Now here's what I find weird: If I ping or do a nslookup on the domain name that's pointed to my server's IP, I get a reply from an IP that's not my server's IP address. And if I browse the domain name, I can view my website just fine (with the exception of certain missing things).

Is this something that needs to be worked on the registrar of the domain name, or do I need to configure DNS for the domain name on my server?