View Single Post
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd March 2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ros2468 View Post
my plan is to delete storage partition e:.
I suspect that by deleting partition "e", your current installation will no longer be usable.

You can find out what portion of the overall filesystem is mounted on partition "e" by studying both the manpages for df(1) or mount(8) and studying the output of these commands. In particular, output of the following is what you need to understand:
  • $ mount
  • $ df -h
Yes, the output of both will appear similar in comparison. However, the motivation behind each command is different. That difference is described in the manpages.

If you want us to comment on the output, provide the full output posted between [CODE & [/CODE] tags. Anything less is really just wasting our time.
Quote:
Is reinstall realy nessesary?
If you want an additional FAT32 partition, yes. From the information presented, you don't have free space available -- meaning free space which isn't already assigned to your OpenBSD A6 MBR partition.

I note that you tend to append a colon to any disklabel(8) partition described. Be aware that disklabel(8) partitions are not the same as drive letters on Windows. Treating them as equivalent will only get you into trouble.