View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
Yes, I would suggest using the points for the "Bloody mess" trait and "heavy weapons" skill, and then use your imagination, combined with a few death animations from a post-nuclear role playing game.
I am thinking about taking perk "Slayer" currently ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post
What goes around tends to come around, so if he's creating bad karma, on his head be it. As Marcus Aurelius wrote, If he did wrong, the harm is with him, but perhaps he didn't. In other words, what Carpetsmoker says. I think that Vermaden, in the first post, actually tried to help the fellow, recommending the forum. Now he's been banned from there.

Well, Vermaden, going back to Marcus Aurelius again, he also wrote words to the effect of, If you do a good deed, isn't that reward enough? Why hope for gratitude as well? As near as I can see, you made the recommendation for the forum--frankly, I'm a bit leery of forums that are so nervous of whatever they're nervous about that they start giving out "you've been naughty" points for linking to other technical forums.
I have done what I feel was best, but I am not going to remove/edit this thread after the case ended like that.

I still do not have anything bad if it goes to unix.com users, they propably do not even know anything about the case, I just do not respect their admin (neo) anymore.

What is the most funny part of that story?

unix.com rules does not say anything about posting PM's:
SIMPLE RULES OF THE UNIX FORUMS

It also does not mention anything about posting/removing links to anything.

What is not denied, it is allowed.

Quote:
I have 5 points, reason: "Posting with the purpose of promoting own site.", which is nonsense, I just provide a valid/useful answer and posting a link to the original author/source :-/ ... He whines to us that we remove links to unix.com (Which is not true) and at the same time he removes links to Daemonforums.org...

In Dutch we say someone has "long toes" when he/she is easily offended.
I would say this person's toes reach all the way from Constantinople to Istanbul...
Quote:
In short, I'm not so sure the advertisement thing is the problem, I think the problem is that this Neo is just a prick...
Yes, I wanted to be nice at the beginning, but now I just think that Neo is an asshole.

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd