View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2008
Port Guard

Default Built it my own

Hi all, 1st post here.

I built my own pc, mixed parts with many used except fer the Radeon HD2600 which is the only item bought as new. I got my DFI LanParty rdx200 (hooked because of the raid 5 SATA port, but haven't had the chance to use it yet) and Athlon64 3500+ (939) separately on a local ebay-like site. Then I bought the Radeon, a friend lend me his 15" Toshiba lcd and a Samsung DVD-RW, found an old ps/2 keyboard and oh, this mouse is new too, sorry bout that. I even assembled the stuff in a friend's case! This mobo have a rare habit of not booting sometime, but I guess it's what I get fer a used item. Other than that, it's working great! Used to own a laptop with FreeBSD + XP before but the machine died. Since then I've been saving to built this 64bit pc and now (although technically, the build is not yet finished) I'm going to put OpenBSD AMD64 in this pc-o-mine woohoo!

p/s: Guess that sums up how broke I can be sometime... lol.

edit: Ouch, forget to mentioned that my boss gave me 2 Kingston 512Mb sticks, and a friend gave me a 40gb and 20gb Western Digitals.

Last edited by karl; 23rd July 2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: so now it's quite complete.