View Single Post
Old 30th August 2008
Arp Constable

links/elinks have never really failed to render a page in a decent enough to use. Although I admit, the pages I've checked only ever had issues with [early] Opera 9.x

If one can put up with the textual nature and the level of feature support using either links, elinks, or some other form of them. Is actually quite a nice way to surf the web, especially if you need to find something. Particulally so if t he website design is hard to navigate in lynx (or you just can't wrap your mind around it). You can even use the mouse to go through pages and options.

I to prefer a GUI based browser most of the time, it's just more convenient -- I need the same browser without much regard to OS. And links does not render graphics very nicely last time I tested it's abilities under X. Many times however, I'll be working on something and just (ab)use my shells job management, and fire off lynx to look up docs. Heck, even Live Journal works well with lynx, after so many years lol.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.